formfields.com Forum Index formfields.com
FORMfields Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How Do I Change the Currency?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    formfields.com Forum Index -> AM 1 - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
formfields

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:34 am    Post subject: How Do I Change the Currency? Reply with quote

We will most likely be including an option in Admin Preferences for this in a future release of AdMan. For now, here is an example of how to change the currency to UK Pounds Sterling:
1. Use a text editor to replace all occurances of '$' with '?' in all of AdMan's .php files. YOU MUST INCLUDE BOTH SINGLE QUOTES IN THIS SEARCH.
2. Use a text editor to replace all occurances of USD to GBP in all of AdMan's .php files.

Note: The following abbreviations can also be used in step 2:
USD - U.S. Dollars
AUD - Australian Dollars
CAD - Canadian Dollars
EUR - Euros
GBP - Pounds Sterling
JPY- Yen

Last edited by formfields on Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
julala

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: ? sign throughs back a ? Reply with quote

Hi again

I have been through all the php files and changed everything to ? from $ but it shows as a ?.

I am guessing this is something to do with the utf-8 charset and the capabilities (or lack) of my server to encode this charset properly.

Is there a work around for this please?
julala

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:28 am    Post subject: I changed all $ to ? in php but some still showing Reply with quote

I changed all $ to ? in php but some still showing as $.

I've checked and checked again.

Is there somewhere else that could be returning the $ sign? Maybe in the database or something?
julala

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: working my way through but couple of hitches Reply with quote

OK - figured that the rogue $ signs are coming from the DollarField reference.

Changed all references to DollarField to CurrencyField, which seemed to do the trick almost everywhere except:

When I try to go to Billing I get this:

Code:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: format() in /home/sott/public_html/adMan/advertiser/viewStatement.php on line 58

which is refering to the following code that I edited:

Code:
$totalBalance = CurrencyField::format(adManGetBalance($_SESSION[AD_MAN_SESSION_PREFIX . "userId"]));
   $periodBalance = CurrencyField::format(adManGetBalance($_SESSION[AD_MAN_SESSION_PREFIX . "userId"], $formBean->getValue("start_date"), $formBean->getValue("end_date")));

Any pointers as to what I should do next please? I have looked for reference to dollar in all docs and can't find any so I am stumped on the undefined function.
julala

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: next instalment Reply with quote

Sorry to be taking up your forum here guys but I felt it important to log what I am doing so that others can see what to do....... (or not as the case may be) Embarassed

So....

It appears that the format() doesn't seem to work for CurrencyField as it does in DollarField so I changed the following code:

In admin/viewFinancialSummary.php changed:

Code:
$totalBalance = DollarField::format(adManGetAdminBalance());
   $periodBalance = DollarField::format(adManGetAdminBalance($formBean->getValue("start_date"), $formBean->getValue("end_date")));

to

Code:
$totalBalance = adManGetAdminBalance();
   $periodBalance = adManGetAdminBalance($formBean->getValue("start_date"), $formBean->getValue("end_date"));

and

Code:
$formBean2->formFields["transactions"]->tableSet->rows[$key]["Balance"] = DollarField::format($previousBalance);

to

Code:
$formBean2->formFields["transactions"]->tableSet->rows[$key]["Balance"] = $previousBalance;

Now this removes the $ but I needed ? so as a fudge around I added it here:

Code:
   <form action="" method="get">
         <?= $formBean->getTableTag() ?>
         <div style="margin-bottom:30px;"></div>
         <h3 class="adMan">
            Balance for Date Range: ? <?= $periodBalance ?><br />
            Total Balance: ? <?= $totalBalance ?>
         </h3>
         <?= $formBean2->getFieldTag("transactions") ?>
      </form>

Did the same sort of changes to advertiser/viewStatement.php

Seems to have worked so far......... Neutral
julala

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject: utf-8 issue with ? sign Reply with quote

As a temporary fudge to overcome the ?'s showing as ?'s due to a utf-8 issue with the ? sign I put GBP instead of the ?.

Ideally it would be nice to have some kind of fix please..... Surprised)
crazyapes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need a fix for this aswell please...
formfields

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instead of using "?", you can use the character code "&pound;". In other words, just replace all occurances of "?" with "&pound;". For a list of similar character codes, please see http://webmonkey.wired.com/webmonkey/reference/special_characters/.
julala

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: currency Reply with quote

Another currency issue. Paypal IPN will not return payment_gross if the currency is not is USD and therefore the payments updates will not work.

Change all reference in adMan codes to payment_gross to mc_gross.

Crying or Very sad Guys I'm not being funny but saying that you can change currency by just changing all '$' to '?' is rather misleading and incorrect.
formfields

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we apologize for the inconvenience. Please bear with us as we will have these issues resolved in the next release of AdMan.
123sold.gr

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Any currency updates??? Reply with quote

Dear formfields,

As far as I can see your last message about currency updates was on last August. I bought the adMan last month and the currency issue still remains unsolved. Are you planning to solve it? I need to add euro symbol and I'm not that good at coding to make changes myself. What do you sugest?

Also the link you supplied above doesn't contain euro symbol.

Thanks in advance for your reply. Hope you will...
formfields

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we are working on making a currency change automatic in the next version of AdMan.

Actually, this thread does provide a way for you to modify the currency. Furthermore, you can use &euro; instead of $.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    formfields.com Forum Index -> AM 1 - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: